July 6, 2007
It’s official. When I signed that contract for an 18 month class in addition to the car mortgage – I have become a certified card carrying member of the “I have no life” association.
The only rest I would probably savor is a trip to the bathroom when work goes haywire – those precious minutes on a throne mulling over dinner and that temporary lapse of comfort you feel with the release – your eyes glazed and staring into the wall. Nary a thought dare interfere with that moment of peace.
Summer’s a bit flexible with the long days and short nights – but who can actually do anything in this California heat?
But Rob, my favorite seer, had positive things to say about the aftermath. So while a new friend was dying back my hair into a smart brunette, I in true Pavlovian fashion, was salivating at what good things I can actually reap after 2 years of sacrifice. So much for delayed gratification.
For the next few months will mean a vicious circle of work, study, chores and rest with no possibility of succumbing to a painting obsession or even prolonged leisure. Everything will have to be a quickie – even love. Thank heavens we’re in drive-through heaven. Ditto for recycling.
This is what one would call detox hell. But let’s face it – detox is basically letting go of bad relationships – with your food, your alcohol, your pills, your obsessions. And being able to get through the day without a dollop of your favorite fix – in my case – candy. Eye candy, arm candy, whatever candy you can think of.
It’s the same banana - Uhh, I’ll have that frozen with a caramel frosting, thank you. Let’s not even go into ice cream…
No comments:
Post a Comment