Introduction

These are articles previously published in an old friendster blog site, some of which are migrated to my other blogs based on the general content direction. Then again, I like to mess things up a bit ...

Monday, November 9, 2009

All I Want for Christmas is a Home Depot Card

The opthalmologist was laughing when he said I've hit the big 4-oh which is why I have to position the damn paper 16 inches away in order to read it. Ef! So off I go and grudgingly shelled out 27 bucks to get horn rimmed reading glasses - rated at x1. And this got my twisted mind thinking again - does failing eyesight (presbyopia) affect one's sexual prowess - if I get dizzy fixing bows and ribbons when they're too close to my face - would giving head pose a problem? I have yet to know.

At any rate, the season is frantically too busy to think of anything else but I got a tip for the single gals who have done the rounds of the Whole Foods and Trader Joe's and gyms and juice bars - ladies, it's raining men at the Home Depot !!! At least I'd say the real men are - unkempt, messy hair, brawny and big capable hands - no wonder soccer moms think the handy man is hot!!!

So I was moseying down the nuts and bolts section the other day for some hooks and this tall white guy flashed his beeeg pearly whites at me and said Hello, how you doin'. For a minute I didnt think he was talking to me - I was in my scrubs, my face was squeaky clean sans make up and my brows were badly in need of waxing - but he cocked his head waiting for a reply so I guess, yeah, he was talking to me. Who dresses up in clean blue jeans and a linen shirt for Home Depot these days? He did. And the Latin gardeners are looking hot as well. On my worst hair day, I got 3 fairly good ones (last one by the parking lot) if I bothered to pursue them - that's over a hundred percent more than 2 weeks worth of trolling at Ballys.

At any rate, men who frequent the Home Depot would know a thing or two about home improvement - so there, that should be enough incentive.

No comments:

Post a Comment